The Uptown Theatre was designed by the Boller Brothers and built by George Siedhoff. It opened on July 16, 1928 with Al Jolson in “The Jazz Singer”. It operated as a first run movie venue. It went through a remodel and conversion to Cinerama in 1961.
It closed in 1975 only to go through another remodel and conversion to a dinner theatre in 1976 presenting Broadway style shows and it was renamed the Crown Uptown Dinner Theatre.
The 1920’s style vertical marquee has been restored to its original beauty.
The theatre was sold in 2017 and once again remodeled and fitted with state-of-the-art sound and lights. She is ready for concerts, theatricals, dance, weddings, receptions, banquets and parties.